Celebrate spring and the people you love in the lead up to Earth Day by entering our #PictureEarthDay photo contest.
You could win a personalized, signed copy of The Optimistic Environmentalist by Dr. David R. Boyd by simply submitting a photo of you or your loved ones in nature via social media between April 6 and April 20, 2016.
Keep reading to learn how to submit your picture, how we’ll be choosing winners, and contest rules.
Submit your picture
Entering our #PictureEarthDay contest is simple! Here’s what you need to do:
- Take a picture of you or your loved ones in nature.
- Share your picture on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook between April 6 and April 20, 2016.
- Post your picture with the hashtag #PictureEarthDay, and let us know so we can check it out:
Be sure to read the full photo contest rules below to ensure that your picture will be eligible to win!
How to win!
The three winners of the #PictureEarthDay contest will be chosen by a random draw on April 21, 2016. If your photo is chosen, we will contact you to let you know and send you a signed copy of The Optimistic Environmentalist with a personal message included from author Dr. David R. Boyd! Winners will be announced on Earth Day, April 22, 2016.
#PictureEarthDay contest rules
- Photo submissions must:
- Be taken by the person who submits them;
- Be posted on one of the following social networks between April 6 and April 20, 2016:
- Not be watermarked, trademarked, or copyrighted;
- Not contain third party copyrighted material, products, trademarks, or logos;
- Not be offensive, sexually suggestive, violent, profane, or slanderous (as determined by Ecojustice staff members); and
- Only include people who willingly consent to be photographed for the #PictureEarthDay contest. By submitting a photo containing people, you are indicating that photo subjects have consented to be included in your picture and understand the rules of this contest.
- Photos submitted to this contest may be used in Ecojustice’s email, website, social media channels, and/or publications. Ecojustice reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in promotional material. If we use your entry in these ways, we will provide credit to you, the photographer.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.