Employer Matching Gifts
What are employee matching gifts?
Employee matching gifts (also known as matching funds) are grants an employer makes to match its employees’ charitable contributions. Usually associated with corporate grant-makers, employee matching gifts are often matched dollar-for-dollar by the employer, though some companies give double or even triple your original donation.
Procedures vary with each company. Typically, forms are submitted to your employer. Ordinarily you can find out more information about whether your employer has a matching gift benefit from your company’s human resources department.
Thousands of companies across Canada in the United States (including financial institutions, educational institutions, museums, hospitals, public television networks and community organizations) support private philanthropy by matching employee gifts to non-profits, and charities.
Double the impact of your gift to Ecojustice!
If you are a current employee, retiree, or the spouse or widow(er) of an employee of a company that matches employee gifts, find out if your gift to Ecojustice will be matched by the company’s contribution.
To find out if your gift is eligible for a match from your employer we suggest you follow our easy two-step Matching Gift procedure.
- Ask your employer for a matching gift form, check with your human resource department first.
- After completing the form, enclose it along with proof of your gift to Ecojustice and mail it to our Vancouver office attention Donor Relations.
We’ll take care of the next four steps:
- Ecojustice will certify on the form that we received your gift and that it meets our organizational guidelines for accepting a matching gift from your employer.
- Ecojustice will send you your official receipt as usual and return your certified form back to your company.
- Your company then verifies your eligibility for their matching program and sends us their matching gift (and we’ll issue them a receipt as well).
- Ecojustice will let you know when your employers’ match is received and you can feel doubly good about supporting our work.
Please note: Ecojustice reserves the right to decline certain corporate gifts offered through employee matching gift programs as determined by our Directors and as set out in our Corporate Gift Acceptance Policies and Guidelines.
If you have any questions about matching gift programs and whether or not your company meets our requirements for gift acceptance, please contact Jineane Payne, Direct Response Manager at 1.800.926.7744 Ext. 251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.